Somerset Heights Elementary School
Somerset Heights Elementary School was founded in 1936, and the original brick schoolhouse remains as a wing of the existing building -- complete with bell tower and rope. The rest of the school maintains the feel of a small, close-knit community schoolhouse. Somerset Heights is one of five public elementary schools in District 197.
- Fax: 651-403-8210
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: The building is handicapped-accessible, with the exception of the north wing, built in 1936.
- Founding Date: 1936
- Number of students: 380
- Male-to-female ratio: About even
- Public/Private: Public
- Financial aid: Yes
- Religious affiliation: None
- Student-to-teacher ratio: 24 to 1
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 36 total on staff
- How engaged is the school with the community?: The school has a very engaged parent community.
- What makes this community special?: "They really do value education," says Somerset Principal Mary Bowman. "They have taken to heart that it takes a village to raise a child."
- Grade levels: Kindergarten to Grade 4
- Special education: Yes
- Features: Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library