Plenty of businesses can say they are "the hometown team" but Mauer Chevrolet on Highway 110 may have a special claim to that title. Co-owner Billy Mauer pitched for Concordia University before taking the mound in the Twins minor league system. Injury sent Mauer into business with co-owner John Vecere in 2009, when they revived the former Southview Chevrolet and brought the business back to life.
Mauer and Vecere now run one of the highest volume dealerships in the metro. The staff is laid-back but professional, and the show room, stocked with new Chevrolet models, is clean and inviting.
The service center on-site can repair any make or model of vehicle, including Saturns, European and Asian imports.
The dealership is also a supplier of certified-GM parts and accessories.
- Hours: Show room: Mon-Thurs, 8am-8pm; Fri-Sat, 8am-6pm Service center: Mon-Fri 7am-6pm; Sat. 8am-noon
- Handicap Accessible: Handicapped parking is available. The showroom and service center are all on one level.
- Founding Date: 2009
- Payments accepted: American Express, Cash, Debit Card, Discover, MasterCard, Personal Check, Visa
- Products: The show room sells new and used Chevrolets, including Camaros, HHR crossovers and Malibu sedans. The inventory of used vehicles is always changing, and includes every brand including imports.
- Parking: Free lot
- New/used: New, Used
- Vehicle types: ATVs, Cars, Trucks
- Financing: Yes
- Service center: Yes
- What is the most common tip you give to drivers to avoid repair?: Reading the user manual is a good thing. Know it. Love it. When that fails, visit Mauer Chevrolet for regular maintenance.
- Brands (automotive parts & accessories): GM parts and accessories are available for purchase.
- Body shop services: Dent and scratch removal, Frame straightening, Paintless dent repairs, Wheel replacement, Window replacement
- Loaner cars: Yes
- Vehicle pick-up: No
- Vehicle drop-off: No