Friendly Hills Middle School
Friendly Hills Middle School is one of two middle schools in the district. Serving grades 5–8, the school is broken down into houses for a connected environment. Friendly Hills offers a comprehensive selection of core subjects, electives and extracurriculars. The school mascot is the falcon.
- Fax: 651-403-7610
- Hours: Mon - Fri, 7:30am - 4pm
- Handicap Accessible: The building is designed to be fully accessible.
- Founding Date: 1997
- Number of students: 610
- Male-to-female ratio: about even
- Public/Private: Public
- Accreditation/licenses: 67 percent of teachers hold a master's degree.
- Parking: Free lot
- Number of faculty: 56
- How engaged is the school with the community?: Students regularly participate in the district's Kindness Project, which encourages volunteering in the community. The school boasts an active parent network and strong PTA.
- What makes this community special?: Residents and organizations from the district are engaged in the learning process, and provide students additional opportunities.
- Grade levels: 5 - 8
- Special education: No
- Uniforms: No
- Features: Auditorium/stage, Cafeteria, Computer lab, Infirmary, Library, Science lab, Sports facilities
- Extracurricular activities available: Cafe Cabaret, Climb Theatre, Diversity Assembly, Falcon's Nest, geography bee, jazz band, orchestra, trips to Grand Canyon/Washington D.C., spelling bee, spring musical, talent show, theater, tutoring
- Student clubs: LiveGreen, Lovin' the Skin I'm In, math team, Model United Nations, Quest, student council, Summit Singers, Synergy, WEB Leaders, yearbook, Young Authors, Young Inventors, LEGO robotics team
- Sports teams: Basketball, football, ski club, soccer, swimming, tennis, Track/Field Day, volleyball, wrestling