A 35-year-old Inver Grove Heights man has been charged with three felonies as result of a New Year’s Day shooting at an Inver Grove residence.
In Dakota County District Court on Thursday, Michael Jamah Griffis was charged with one count of first-degree assault (great bodily harm) and two counts of second-degree assault (dangerous weapon-substantial bodily harm).
Bond was set at $25,000 with conditions that included:
• Not entering the victims’ residence
• No contact with the victims
• Alcohol monitoring and random testing
• No use of alcohol or controlled substances
• Keeping the court informed of his current address.
Griffis was being held Thursday afternoon at the Dakota County Jail.
According to scanner reports, at least two people were shot in the incident, which was reported at about 1 a.m. Jan. 1 in the 3000 block of Upper 76th Street East. A woman reportedly was shot in her hand, and another person was shot in the arm.
Griffis is scheduled to appear for his omnibus hearing at 1:30 p.m. Jan. 28 in district court.
Patch will have more details about the shooting when they become available.
Click below to read more about this case:
• Man Arrested Following Early Morning Shooting in Inver Grove