Did you almost forget it? It's 12-12-12.
It's that wonderfully odd time when we have an identical numerical convergence of the day of the month, the month of the year and the last two digits of the year. Hence Dec. 12, 2012.
To go another step deeper, we will get the chance to see the minutes and hour in alignment, as well. Hence during the noon hour, we will have 12:12 p.m. at 12-12-12.
And we won't get this chance again for quite a few years. Think about it: Next year is 2013 and we don't have 13 months in the year.
Really, it won't be until 2101 when we get the chance to see another 1-1-01.
So, how are you going to celebrate 12-12-12? Tell us in the comments below.
Meanwhile, here is my list of 12 things you could do on 12-12-12 and spend just 12 minutes or less doing them:
- Eat your lunch.
- Watch 12 minutes of the noon TV or some other program. The rest of the show is a waste of time anyway.
- Do a light workout with deep knee bends and stretching.
- Walk your dog.
- Leisurely drink a cup of coffee.
- Talk to a friend you have meaning to call.
- Make plans for your next weekend outing.
- Start reading your next book.
- Widen out the bottom of your driveway from the weekend snowfall.
- Go through your old mail.
- Spend 12 minutes checking out the news on Mendota Heights Patch.