Dakota County Libraries recently announced the kickoff of their 11th annual reading program for adults, Winter Jackets, a collaborative effort with the Metropolitan Library Service Agency (MELSA) that will run from Jan. 17 to Feb. 29 at all branches.
As part of the program, adults are encouraged to pick up a good book, write reviews and attend author appearances. For every book read and reviewed, participants are entered into a weekly prize drawing. There is no cost to participate or attend programs.
Here is a schedule of author appearances:
- Peter Geye, Safe from the Sea author, Wescott Library in Eagan on Thursday, Jan. 19, 7 to 8:15 p.m.
- Ellen Baker, author of I Gave My Heart to Know This, and Keeping the House, Heritage Library in Lakeville on Wednesday, Jan. 25, 7 to 8:15 p.m.
- William Kent Krueger, author of the Cork O’Connor series, Pleasant Hill Library in Hastings on Saturday, Jan. 28, 11 a.m. to noon.
- John Reimringer, Vestments author, Burnhaven Library in Burnsville on Tuesday, Feb. 21, 7 to 8:15 p.m.
- Faith Sullivan, author of three novels including The Cape Ann, Wentworth Library in West St. Paul on Tuesday, Feb. 28, 10:15 to 11:15 a.m.
If you would like to meet these writers and participate in the author discussion groups please pick up a title and go to the Winter Jackets web page to view discussion questions in advance.