Labor Day Statistics for Mendota Heights
What do labor statistics say about Mendota Heights residents and what they do?
To recognize Labor Day, we've compiled some statistics about the labor force living in Mendota Heights.
Statistics are from the 2010 American Communities Survey, the most recent year available.
- 65 percent of people 16 and older (8,951) in Mendota Heights considered themselves part of the labor force.
- 3 percent of this group were unemployed.
- 57 percent of women 16 years and older were part of the labor force.
- 5 percent of the labor force worked from home.
- 80 percent commuted alone via a personal vehicle.
- 2 percent commuted via public transportation.
- The average commute was 19 minutes.
- 14 percent worked for the government.
- 5 percent were self-employed.
- 55 percent worked in management, business, science and the arts occupations.
- The median household income was $92,727.